Found Style -a discourse on closet curation-
My interest in fashion grew out of my love for the 2004 Emo scene, Sex and the City, and binge-watching What Not to Wear. I had to find a way to express myself through fashion without having the funds to simply replicate the pages of Lucky or Vogue. Fortunately, it's never been easier to take big inspiration and make small changes to grow your wardrobe and style.
- Screw magazine subscriptions; use Instagram, tumblr and other apps.
- Inventory often - both what you own and what style you're making your own.
- Survey seasonal trends and implement with pieces you already have.
- Utilize friends, family, and gift opportunities wisely.
- Stay connected with your fashion inspiration - from body positive models to spiritual, lifestyle mavens. I will explore all of these tactics and more through August as I survey where my style and skill stand today.
How has your personal style journey unfolded? Would love to hear about your relationship with clothes. Comment below.